Wednesday, January 26, 2005

They keep impugning her integrity...sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me (especially since she'll be confirmed anyway!)

During nine hours (nine hours!!!) of debate on the confirmation of Condi Rice today, Mark Dayton (D-MN) said:
"I don't like to impugn anyone's integrity, but I really don't like being lied to repeatedly, flagrantly, intentionally."
Robert Byrd added:
"I cannot support higher responsibilities for those who helped set our great nation down the path of increasing isolation, enmity in the world and a war that has no end. Oh, when will our boys come home?"
I can picture it in my mind, his hands quivering, his voice cracking in his southern drawl...when's he going to retire already!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home