Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Some quick headlines:

Oscar nods overlook 'Fahrenheit 9/11'
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, challenging conventional notions of Tinseltown as a knee-jerk liberal monolith, snubbed "Fahrenheit 9/11," Michael Moore's hostile documentary on President Bush, in this year's Oscar nominations.
I'm not quite sure why this is such big news. There were no "best actor/acress" and it certainly wasn't worthy of the best film of the year. Were the F9/11 folks expecting to be nominated for some technical awards like "Passion" was? I don't think they would have been satisified with that, either. Really, it was a propagnda movie in documentary form and, in my humble opinion (I saw it two weeks ago at long last), I don't think it qualified for any Oscar nod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home