Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sliding Down The Slippery Slope

As per my post a few weeks ago and, after 23 months great months of blogging (though I only posted during 13), I regret to announce that, as of today, The Slippery Slope will not be updated for at least the next twelve months.

Beginning next Tuesday I will be a Legislative Fellow for a major American Jewish organization in Washington, D.C. and cannot continue blogging during my fellowship. Between traveling to Silver Spring, Maryland tomorrow to move into my new apartment (searching for an apartment was the road trip I took a few weeks back), returning to New York on Friday ahead of my cousin's wedding on Sunday evening, traveling back to Maryland on Monday (and everything else in between), I do not forsee myself having time to blog between now and next Tuesday. Therefore, this will be my last post.

I'd like to thank the readers who have visited this site over 7,230 times during the past almost two years. In particular, I'd like to thank ZS (formerly of Egged, now of Adversaria) for inspiring me to begin this venture; it has been educational, rewarding, enjoyable, and a lot of fun. Thank you for commenting so frequently and keeping me honest.

Thank you to E.D. of E-agle.com for hosting us here at www.TheSlipperySlope.org.

Thank you to my friends for being so supportive of my seemingly "nerdy" hobby.

Lastly, thank you to YOU: the readers, commenters, and friends who've stumbled down "The Slope," especially in the past few months. I won't single anyone out because I might miss someone but if you've ever commented, read, or emailed-thank you so much for your support.

I will now slide down the slippery slope and look forward to seeing you all at the bottom.

Thank you and goodnight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I am an awful friend and only read your blog when you yell at me to do so I was always happy when I did. Your amazing writing and ingihts have always been educational and interesting.
I am going to miss you Michael...I really am.....good luck.
Rachel

12:49 AM  
Blogger Zev said...

Always happy to be keeping people honest :-)

Have fun in D.C.!

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you'll find another way to keep in touch with the world out there...
thinking of you in Israel!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a pleasure hosting your site,, hopefully you will always slide into good and no so slippery situations, Goodbye Michael, for now....

P.s.You are not the one slipping down the slope it is the ones your blog exposed that are. see this cartoon to see what I mean

http://www.zacharyparker.com/Cartoon15.gif

SO watch out everybody because Michael will be back



Good Luck

The Good People at http://wwww.e-agle.com

10:17 AM  
Blogger Eli7 said...

Awww, I'll miss your blog :(

I hope your year in DC is successful and educational and fun and all that good stuff.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

missin it, come back

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home