Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Breaking news:
According to sources (friends who applied this year) the OU will no longer be running its OU-IPA Washington Internship Program. I owe a good part of my political success over the past year to the Program (despite its inability to place me on The Hill last year...it worked out for the best though) and am saddened by the news. It was a great program because it provided an "in" for politically-inclined Jewish college students on The Hill no matter their political affiliation (though while it was easier to get a job as a Democrat, those who ran the program invited an overwhelming number of Republican speakers); an idea no other Jewish organization attempted (aside from AIPAC which is not Jewish per se). There are, according to OU-IPA literature, some 4,000-odd interns in Congress each summer and having 1/80th is still a high number for one specific religious organization. It will be sorely missed.

I'm trying to figure out the details and will report them as soon as I find out...if I find out, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home