Sunday, July 03, 2005

Frist Flip Flops

Sorry, I just can't seem to get rid of my penchant for alliteration following my brief forray into the world of poetry these past three and a half weeks.

The Washington Post has a very important article I'd like to bring to your attention. It describes Senate Majority Leader Dr. Bill Frist (R-TN) [who was also the source of today's "Quote of the Day"] and his flip flop on stem cell research. Just four years ago, before he had serious presidential aspirations, he supported more robust research and had the guts to disagree with President Bush. But the allure of living in the White House has resulted in a reversal of policy positions and he is now in lockstep with POTUS on this one. What the article fails to mention is that he even expressed support of stem cell research during his recent visit to Israel. I don't know the source of the previous sentence but I'm 99% sure I recall reading it around the time he visited in late April. This is just another reason he should not be the GOP's nominee in '08.

Related items (in chronological order): here, here, here, here, and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home