Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Michael and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

[I never ever rant about personal things here but it's my blog and today I feel like doing so. Since I have the poetic license in my hand, I'm going to take full advantage of it. Regular blogging will, G-d willing, resume tomorrow.]

The title, for those of you who are befuddled, is from one of my favorite books my mother would read to me as a child. And, like Alexander, I'd like to move to Australia after the day I had today. It's not so bad but, collectively, does make me feel pretty crumby. As I said to a friend this evening, I think it's just not my month (which would be appropriate given the fact that it's Av).

Here's why:
  • My morning began with a phone call informing me of circumstances that would later result in me losing the apartment I was so looking forward to moving in to later this month.
  • I sat in a considerable amount of traffic later in the morning, giving me more than ample time to ponder what would have been had I been able to live in the aforementioned apartment.
  • I saw an old friend who made me both happy and sad all at the same time.
  • I watched and listened as tens (some say hundreds) of thousands of people davened for something that is, at this exceptionally late point in time, almost guaranteed to happen.
  • I came home, only to receive no support on the apartment issue and had the light bulb in my room die just as I was leaving to mincha.
  • As I took out the garbage, after coming home from shul and then buying new lightbulbs, I walked into a huge spider web and got it all over my face and the rest of my body.
  • At the same time, somehow, the bobby pin that keeps my kippa on my head fell off into the grass, lost forever.
  • I came home at last and tried to blog about this and call it a night only to be told that Blogger is, "temporarily unavailable due to planned maintenance. This downtime will last 1 hour from 6-7pm PST (or, 9-10pm EDT)."
When's the next flight to Sydney? It's winter time there, it'll be easier to fast on Sunday anyway.

I hope tomorrow's a better day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a hard life. Feel better.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home